Arabic-L:LIT:Teaching the Middle Eastern Novel

Fri Jan 13 23:05:35 UTC 2006

1) Subject:Teaching the Middle Eastern Novel

Date: 13 Jan 2006
From:louzgane at ualberta.ca
Subject:Teaching the Middle Eastern Novel

Dear colleagues

Here is a cfp that I thought might interest you. If you have any
questions, please drop me a line. With my best wishes for the new
year. Lahoucine Ouzgane

CFP: Teaching the Middle Eastern Novel (collection)

Contributions are sought for a collection of essays on teaching the
Middle
Eastern and North African novel. The volume is divided into two main
sections:
the first devoted to theoretical approaches and the second to the
different
course and institutional contexts in which the novels are taught; the
volume
will also include a section on teaching resources. One-page abstracts
and brief
bios are invited by July 1, 2006; selected contributors will then be
asked to
submit complete essays by February 1, 2007. Queries welcome:
<Lahoucine.Ouzgane at ualberta.ca>

Prof. Lahoucine Ouzgane
Dept of English & Film Studies
University of Alberta