Arabic-L:LIT:JAIS-HTML Unicode Changes

Tue Jun 6 21:20:56 UTC 2006

1) Subject:JAIS-HTML Unicode Changes

Date: 06 Jun 2006
From:"Joseph N. Bell" <joseph.bell at msk.uib.no>
Subject:JAIS-HTML Unicode Changes

Journal of Arabic and Islamic Studies
http://www.uib.no/jais/jais.htm
http://enlil.ff.cuni.cz/jais/jais.htm

With the elimination of the older HTML files, we have altered the
names of the HTML Unicode files to include the name of the author or
some part thereof. This will be important in finding out at a glance
from our weekly statistics who is being read and how often,
especially when the PDF files are withdrawn when the Journal appears
on paper. Some people may have cited the HTML Unicode files with the
entire URL. Readers who visit the Website will have no problem in
coming to the right article, as long as writers have been careful to
mention the article author's name.

Paper publication is by the way technically only a few days off,
since we are simply waiting on the design of the jacket, which I am
told is now ready. So please ask your institutions to order
subscriptions to the paper version. Contact
<<mailto:journals at eup.ed.ac.uk>journals at eup.ed.ac.uk> or write to:

<mailto:Douglas.McNaughton at eup.ed.ac.uk>Douglas McNaughton
Journals Marketing Manager
Edinburgh University Press Ltd