Arabic-L:PEDA:Focus on Contemporary Arabic correction

Thu Jun 29 21:54:08 UTC 2006

1) Subject:Focus on Contemporary Arabic correction

Date: 29 Jun 2006
From:Jennifer.Matty at yale.edu
Subject:Focus on Contemporary Arabic correction

[the original ad posted contained incorrect information about the
author.]

Focus on
Contemporary Arabic
320 pp. 7 x 10
Includes 120-minute DVD
$39.95
Contact Jennifer Matty to request a free exam copy.
I am writing to let you know about a brand new Arabic text and DVD
that will be available for courses beginning in September 2006.

Focus on Contemporary Arabic, by Shukri Abed is an engaging and
topical text and DVD which consists of interviews with Arab citizens
filmed on location in various Middle Eastern countries. These
speakers represent all areas of the cultural spectrum, offering a
realistic view of the diversity of the native-speaking populations.
Some of the subjects explored include: The Arab Woman, Arab Media,
The Question of Palestine, and Arab-American Relations.

To view segments of the video and read sample chapters, go to
yalebooks.com/contemporaryarabic.

I do have a limited number of advance copies of the full text and DVD
available for professors who would like to consider it for fall
adoption. Please contact me if you wish to receive the full text and
DVD now. If you would like to consider the text and DVD for a spring
2007 or later adoption, please contact me and I will put you on the
list to receive the finished text and DVD when it is published in
August.
Focus on Contemporary Arabic is the fifth volume in the Conversations
with Native Speakers series, which strives to offer pioneering
multimedia language materials to students at the intermediate and
advanced levels. For more information about other titles in the
series, go to yalebooks.com/cns.

Shukri Abed is chairman of the Language and Regional Studies
Department at the Middle East Institute in Washington, D.C., and the
founder of the Arabic program at the University of Maryland, College
Park.

You can learn more about all our texts for Arabic courses at
yalebooks.com/arabic.

Best regards,

Jennifer Matty
World Languages