Arabic-L:PEDA:CAL Heritage Profile Project

Thu Jun 29 21:54:18 UTC 2006

1) Subject:CAL Heritage Profile Project

Date: 29 Jun 2006
From:Theodore Jenkins <theodore at cal.org>
Subject:CAL Heritage Profile Project

Dear Language Colleagues:

My name is Ted Jenkins, and I am working with Dr. Joy Peyton at the
Center for Applied Linguistics. As part of the Alliance for the
Advancement of Heritage Languages, we are creating an online
collection of heritage language schools and programs in the United
States in order to provide information about program features.

We are seeking to expand our collection of program profiles by asking
programs to complete one of our surveys, which will provide basic
information about a program’s student and teacher population,
curricula, assessments, and support.

I was wondering that if you knew of, or were involved in, any
Heritage Language programs that could benefit from this survey?  We
have three ways in which they can complete a profile:

--If you visit our Web site (http://www.cal.org/heritage/programs/),
you can view our program collection and complete the survey online.

--I could mail a hard copy of the profile to the program that they
would fill out and return to me.
--I would also be willing to interview you on the phone and complete
the survey.

Can you please let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.  Thank you very much.

Sincerely yours,
Ted Jenkins
Theodore at cal.org
202-362-0700, ext. 596