Arabic-L:PEDA:Readverse website announcement

Thu Mar 30 00:02:52 UTC 2006

1) Subject:Readverse website announcement

Date: 29 Mar 2006
From:melsayess at socal.rr.com
Subject:Readverse website announcement

Greetings,

We are ReadVerse, a non-profit organization, dedicated to designing
and building software for reading and writing Arabic and the Holy
Quran on the Internet. On April 8, 2006 we will release phase 2 of
our ReadVerse system with several new important features.  Below is a
summary of what we plan to include in phase 3.  Before we commence
that phase, we would appreciate your review of that summary, and
would welcome any suggestions you may have.

Phase 2 with major features.
1 - Search the entire Holy Quran in Arabic by one word using Arabic
Abacus.
http://www.readverse.com/1000_arabic/200_vowels/search_methods/
100_quran_word_full.html

2 - Search the entire Holy Quran in Arabic by two words using Arabic
Abacus.
http://www.readverse.com/1000_arabic/200_vowels/search_methods/
140_quran_2_words_full.html

3 - Search the entire Holy Quran in Arabic or English for a certain
subject.

4 - The subject search engine is still under construction and it will
include subjects like:  Democracy, Justice, Peace, Family, Marriage,
and so on.
http://www.readverse.com/1000_arabic/200_vowels/search_methods/
120_quranic_topics.html

5 - Listen, read, write, and speak several suras of the Holy Quran
http://www.readverse.com/1000_arabic/3000_suras/s_list_all_suras/
ar_100_list_all_suras.html/

http://www.readverse.com/1000_arabic/3000_suras/s_list_all_suras/
en_100_list_all_suras.html/

6 - Students can take exams and send the results directly to their
teachers.
http://www.readverse.com/1000_arabic/3000_suras/s114/v000/sg001/
ar_examnolk_s114_v000_sg001.html

http://www.readverse.com/1000_arabic/3000_suras/s114/v000/sg001/
en_examnolk_s114_v000_sg001.html

7 - Vocal apparatus animation for Arabic letter “Sod”.
http://www.readverse.com/1000_arabic/250_vocal_appratus_letters/
hard_palate_letters/1400_sod/1400_sod_letter.html

Phase 3 suggestions:

A - Arabic Abacus as a full text editor for Arabic language:
There are16 different, Arabic character sets that are used by Middle
East Arab countries. These character sets are not compatible. Our new
Arabic Abacus, however, resolves this compatibility issue, and will
eliminate the need for installing any additional software on your
system. You will be able to write any Arabic document, save it as a
file, send that file to your respondent who can open it, make changes
using the Arabic Abacus, and then send that file back to you. An
example of the usage of Arabic Abacus would be a Quran teacher who
composes a document, and sends it as an exam file from Los Angeles,
California, USA, to a student in Cairo, Egypt.  And please remember
that the

B - Lesson-maker Software:
This proposed new software will assist teachers and students.  A
teacher would be able to use the software to type a lesson, question,
and the expected correct answers. Students can take a lesson or a
quiz on their own pace and the software will match the answers to the
expected correct answers.  The software will send the grade back to a
student and a copy to the instructor; an instructor may suppress
sending either the grade or the feedback.

Mahmoud Elsayess and Dr. Misbah Eldereiny
California, USA.
Cell: (714) 376-4862
Email: melsayess at socal.rr.com
www.readverse.com