Arabic-L:LING:ALS membership drive

Thu Oct 19 15:57:47 UTC 2006

1) Subject:ALS membership drive

Date: 19 Aug 2006
From:Dilworth Parkinson <dil at byu.edu>
Subject:ALS membership drive

This coming ALS will be used to re-organize the association, elect a
board and officers, and put in a new constitution.  To do this, we
want to have all eligible members able to vote.  We know that not
everyone will be able to be there, so we will put the issues both to
the members at the meetings and to all current (paid-up) members
through the internet.  We are therefore requesting that everyone who
desires to be a member of the Arabic Linguistics Society join during
the last two months of this year.

ALS membership dues are currently $25.  Please make out checks to the
Arabic Linguistics Society, along with a note containing your name,
address, e-mail, affiliation, and research interests, and send them to:

Tessa Hauglid
1346 South 2950 East

Spanish Fork, UT 84660 USA

e-mail for questions: tessa at sfcn.org

This membership will be for the calendar year beginning Jan 1, 2007.
Those who joined at last years ALS meetings in Michigan joined for
the calendar year 2006, and so would still need to renew at this time.

Thanks for your support.
Dilworth Parkinson
Executive Director
Arabic Linguistics Society