Arabic-L:LING:Women's language response

Mon Oct 23 23:10:10 UTC 2006

1) Subject:Women's language response

Date: 23 Oct 2006
From:maabdelw at purdue.edu
Subject:Women's language response

Dear Raoudha

      I do not know about anything written on women's language style
in any
Arabian society, but there is pretty good work on women's language
style as
opposed to men's language style in English. Check Nancy.... and Spada
(try
them as first and last names ). I noticed these authors make their
points by
establishing comparisons to similar cases in other cultures. They
might have
made some references in connection to Arabian culture.

   Good luck
  Mohammad Alwali
  I relied on those authors to write three short papers on women's
language for
the two courses I had in Sociolinguistics. By the way, one of the
books that
one of them wrote is " Sociolinguistics