Arabic-L:LING:Needs audio clips of dialects

Sat Sep 30 18:40:33 UTC 2006

1) Subject:Needs audio clips of dialects

Date: 30 Sep 2006
From:jfraedri at uwyo.edu
Subject:Needs audio clips of dialects

[moderator's note: Prof Fraedrich of the University of Wyoming called
me and asked for a web site that contained short audio clips of
various Arabic dialects.  He wanted to demonstrate differences in the
sounds and other features in a lecture.  I knew of no such resource,
but said I would ask.  I also thought that if something like this
exists, others on the list would be interested as well, so you can
post your answers here and I'll forward them to Prof. Fraedrich.--dil]

I'm looking for audio clips of
Saudi Arabic
Iraqi Arabic
Persian or Farsi
Syrian Arabic
Lebanese Arabic
Yemen Arabic
etc.

Thank you

John Fraedrich
Bill Daniels Distinguished Professor of Business Ethics
University of Wyoming
College of Business
1000 University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071