Arabic-L:PEDA:Georgetown Summer Arabic and Persian

Mon Apr 23 23:13:56 UTC 2007

1) Subject:Georgetown Summer Arabic and Persian

Date: 23 Apr 2007
From:kassem_wahba at yahoo.com
Subject:Georgetown Summer Arabic and Persian

Summer Arabic and Persian Language at Georgetown University

The Summer Arabic and Persian Institute at Georgetown University is
pleased to announce its 2007 summer session.  The Institute offers a
ten-week program from June 4th to August 10th.  Our language program
is proficiency-based and focuses on communicative skills in reading,
writing, listening, and speaking.  Students benefit from small
classes and receive considerable individual attention.  Also, our
students have access to the extraordinary resources and faculty of
Georgetown’s acclaimed Department of Arabic and Islamic Studies and
Center for Contemporary Arab Studies.
The Institute will offer the following courses this summer:
Non-Intensive Level 1 (Beginning) Persian
Non-Intensive Level 1 (Beginning) Modern Standard Arabic (MSA)
Intensive Level 1 (Beginning) MSA
Intensive Level 2 (Intermediate) MSA
Intensive Level 3 (Advanced) MSA
Colloquial Egyptian Arabic
Spoken Levantine Arabic
It is not too late to apply!  Our application deadline is May 2nd.
For more information, please visit our website:
http://summerschool.georgetown.edu/courses/arab.html