Arabic-L:PEDA:French Institute in Damascus responses

Mon Apr 23 23:14:20 UTC 2007

1) Subject:French Institute in Damascus response

Date: 23 Apr 2007
From:"NEWMAN D.L." <daniel.newman at durham.ac.uk>
Subject:French Institute in Damascus response

Hello,

The University of Durham has been sending students there for many
years, and the experiences have, on the whole, been extremely
positive. The course is challenging, but delivers the goods, with a
high level of instruction. I have to say that it is currently a bit
less popular than  the University of Damascus, which may in part be
due to the fact that IFEAD (or IFPO, as it is more properly known
these days) imposes an entry test, which seems to put some students
off. I should also add that the fees at IFEAD are higher (but by no
means prohibitive) than at University of Damascus.
Best,

D. Newman