Arabic-L:PEDA:Needs Arabic Students to fill questionaire for research project

Fri Aug 24 23:01:00 UTC 2007

Arabic-L: Fri 24 Aug 2007

1) Subject:Needs Arabic Students to fill questionaire for research
project

Date: 24 Aug 2007
From:jeremy.palmer at gmail.com
Subject:Needs Arabic Students to fill questionaire for research project

Hello Arabic students and teachers,

My name is Jeremy Palmer. I am a PhD student in Second Language
Acquisition and Teaching (SLAT) at the University of Arizona. I have
made a questionnaire about student perception of spoken Arabic.  I
would like to ask that you pass along my request for volunteers to
take this questionnaire to your students of Arabic who meet the
following criteria:

This questionnaire is intended for American students in higher
education who studied Arabic for 1 year (2 semesters) or more in the
United States after which they spent at least one month in an Arabic
speaking country. These students must also come from families in
which they were not (or very minimally) exposed to any type of Arabic
before taking Arabic classes.

I would like to ask those who meet these criteria if they would
volunteer to complete this questionnaire. Those who would like to
volunteer should email me at Jeremy.palmer at gmail.com . I will then
reply with the questionnaire attached as a Microsoft Word document.
Volunteers may type their responses into the word document and email
it directly back to me. Volunteers may withdraw from this research at
any time without any consequences. The completion of the
questionnaire should take only 15-20 minutes.

Thank you,

Jeremy Palmer
Second Language Acquisition and Teaching
(SLAT) PhD student
University of Arizona