Arabic-L:LING:Collocation span in Arabic query

Thu Aug 30 23:30:13 UTC 2007

1) Subject:Collocation span in Arabic query

Date: 30 Aug 2007
From:"Yousif Al-Mas" <yousifalmas at gmail.com>
Subject:Collocation span in Arabic query

Dear All,

In English, a 5 word span to left and right of a node word is considered
optimal for extracting collocations, I think John Sinclair with one
of his
colleagues published a paper
suggesting this in the late 60's and many have followed this path in
corpus
linguistics and related fields. I wonder if anyone has come through a
reference that suggests the optimal word span for collocation
analysis in
Arabic?

Many Thanks,
Yousif Almas