Arabic-L:PEDA:Lectures on DVD responses

Tue Dec 18 20:30:48 UTC 2007

1) Subject:Lectures on DVD response
2) Subject:Lectures on DVD response

Date: 18 Dec 2007
From:Michael Akard <michael_akard at hotmail.com>
Subject:Lectures on DVD response

Wow, what a great idea! I would love that! And to repeat the follow-up
question, is anybody already doing that?
Michael Akard

Date: 18 Dec 2007
From:MMarilyn Booth <mbooth at uiuc.edu>

I think this is a great idea. Some of us are trying to get "Languages
across the curriculum" programs going at our institutions, but there
aren't enough students ready for advanced courses in various
disciplines taught in Arabic, and so we can't persuade our
administrators of the utility of such a program. If there were DVDs
available, it might be possible to base such a course partly on them.
I wonder if it would be possible to get several National Resource
Centers for the Middle East/Arabic to collaborate on planning and
paying for such a project? If so, count me in!

Marilyn Booth
Director,
Center for South Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
University of Illinois