Arabic-L:PEDA:Arabic Language Proficiency Tests query

Tue Jan 23 19:47:13 UTC 2007

1) Subject:Arabic Language Proficiency Tests query

Date: 23 Jan 2007
From:"Safiyyah Saleem" <ssaleem98 at gmail.com>
Subject:Arabic Language Proficiency Tests query

Hello,

I am a graduate student in an applied linguistics program.  I am
about to
begin a project looking at a language proficiency test for a course on
second language assessment and testing.  I wanted to use an Arabic
proficiency test that is widely used in universities.  Unfortunately,
the
Arabic department at the university I am attending is quite young and
does
not use or have access to any proficiency tests.  Does anyone know how I
could obtain a sample copy of test along with statistics on the usual
test
takers and their results?  I am thinking that the Arabic Proficiency
Test
published by the Center for Applied Linguistics would be appropriate but
would appreciate suggestions on other tests as well.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Safiyyah Saleem