Arabic-L:GEN:Non-natives for one hour recording for $40 update

Mon Jul 16 16:24:35 UTC 2007

1) Subject:Non-natives for one hour recording for $40 update

Date: 16 Jul 2007
Subject:Non-natives for one hour recording for $40 update

Hello, Dr. Parkinson.

The response to my original announcement for T-MINDS data collection
has been great, thanks in very large part to your publicizing it via
your list. We plan to keep the data collect tool running for a few
more weeks now.

I noticed that the long URL to my presentation about T-MINDS tends to
get cut in half, making it impossible to access the file by clicking.
Can you please send out this alternative URL so people who are
interested can see the presentation?

http://tinyurl.com/ytwwee

Thanks very much again.

-- Dave

[moderator's note:  here was the original message:]

Hello. My name is Dave Domingo.

If you are a non-native speaker of Arabic, you can earn $40 for
approximately 1 hour of work, helping my company develop a DLI-funded
language learning tool. (You must have completed at least one college-
level course in Arabic as a *second* language to qualify for this
opportunity.)

My company, Fluential, is creating a computer-based language learning
system called T-MINDS, which is being developed under a contract with
the Defense Language Institute. (Click here <http://www.box.net/
index.php?rm=box_v2_download_shared_file&file_id=f_50478212>  to view
a presentation about T-MINDS.) At this stage of development, we are
collecting speech data from non-native Arabic speakers. This enables
us to model correct and incorrect speech so the system will correct
and give feedback at the right level.

Your total time on task is about 1 hour, but you can break your
session up into shorter chunks – see below.

If you would like to help with this project and earn $40, just call
this toll-free number to begin:

1-877-358-3684

The system begins by assigning you a unique PIN so you can hang up at
any time and continue your session when it is convenient for you.

When you finish your session, e-mail me at
ddomingo at fluentialinc.com . Include your full name, your mailing
address, your phone number and the PIN you were assigned. Without
these four items of information, we will not be able to process your
payment.

This data collection project will end on or about July 15.

Please feel free to call me at (925) 895-2294 if you have any
problems or suggestions.

Thanks very much for your help.

-- Dave