Arabic-L:PEDA:Arabic Plays for Students

Wed Jun 13 16:55:42 UTC 2007

1) Subject:Arabic Plays for Students

Date: 13 Jun 2007
From: "Haroon Shirwani" <arabictutor at hotmail.com>
Subject:Arabic Plays for Students

First of all, many thanks to those kind people who replied with
suggestions for poems for our declamation contest. In the end we
chose Ana `Usfura by Anonymous, Talasim (that poem by Ilya Abu Madi
about the chap who doesn't know whether he's coming or going), Al-
Wilada fi mudun lam tulad by Bayyati and a few snatches of Nizar
Qabbani, including Risala min taht al-ma'.

Now we are thinking of putting on a short Arabic play. Any
suggestions? It would need to be doable for the students performing
it and enjoyable (or, at least, interesting) for the friends,
relatives and members of staff who are coming to see it.

Best wishes,
Haroon