Arabic-L:LING:'Spirit of Arabic' summary

Thu Jun 21 16:18:06 UTC 2007

1) Subject:'Spirit of Arabic' summary

Date: 21 Jun 2007
From:paula santillan <capraia at yahoo.com>
Subject:'Spirit of Arabic' summary

first of all, thanks Jolnada.

////////

A few days ago I submitted a message asking about
references on the ?spirit of Arabic?. I?d like to
share the results I?ve obtained from a couple of
members, as well as those that I was eventually able
to recall.

1) The semantics of form in Arabic, in the mirror of
European languages. Amsterdam ; Philadelphia : J.
Benjamins, c1987. (Studies in language companion
series; v.15), by David Justice

2) Shouby, E. 1951 ?The influence of the Arabic
language on the psychology of the Arabs?, Middle East
Journal, 5: 284-302.

3) Antaki, I. 1989 La cultura de los árabes, México:
Siglo Veintiuno. (there´s a chapter devoted to the
language).

4) Tapiéro, N. (1986) Quelques relations fondamentales
entre les stuctures psycho-sociologiques et les
structures linguisitiques des arabes. (Sorry, no
further details of it).

-paula