Arabic-L:LING:Broken plurals

Wed May 2 14:16:53 UTC 2007

1) Subject:Broken plurals

Date: 002 May 2007
From:"Dr. M Deeb" <muhammaddeeb at gmail.com>
Subject:Broken plurals

Mi querido Señor Ferrando,
I drafted, with relish, a response on the vexed question of the
"broken plurals," but it was deleted by accident and I couldn't
retrieve it.   Until I re-collect my thoughts, I rush to you a few
references on the subject.
Con saludos cordiales,
M. Deeb,
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

<> Fück, Johann.
Die arabischen Studien in Europa bis in den Anfang des 20.
Jahrhunderts .
(NB:  This title is also available in French).
<> Guyard, S .
Nouvel essai sur la formation du pluriel brisé arabe.
<> Derenbourg, H .
Essai sur les pluriels arabes.
<> Meyer, E.  Die Bilodung und Bedetung des pluriel in den
semitischen und indogermanschen sprachen.
<> Ratcliffe, Robert R.
The 'Broken' Plural Problem in Arabic and Comparative Semitic:
Allommorphy and Analogy in Non-concatenative Morphology.
Rev. in the Journal of Near Eastern Studies, Vol. 61, No. 1 (Jan.,
2002), pp. 61-62.
<> Pertinent chapters in:
/ المزهر  /,
/  شذا العَرف في فن الصرف  للحملاوي /,