Arabic-L:PEDA:Grammar Book Suggestions

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Thu Nov 8 17:25:45 UTC 2007

1) Subject:Grammar Book Suggestions
2) Subject:Grammar Book Suggestions
3) Subject:Grammar Book Suggestions

Date: 08 Nov 2007
From:"Alex Magidow" <amagidow at gmail.com>
Subject:Grammar Book Suggestions

There is also an excellent reference grammar by Ron Buckley,
published by
Librarie du Liban (Maktabat Lubanan Nashiriin), entitled "*Modern
Literary
Arabic* - A Reference Grammar." Though he does not necessarily follow
the
Arabic system of presenting grammar (any sentence including a verb is a
verbal sentence according to his definition, for example), he does
present
copious examples drawn from various modern literary works and has
extremely
excellent indices.

Here is a link where you can purchase the book(I don't know anything
about
the site- I purchased my copy in the Middle East):
http://www.albalagh.net/bookstore/?action=view&item=1061