Arabic-L:PEDA:NFLC LangNet Project

Tue Nov 20 23:06:51 UTC 2007

1) Subject:NFLC LangNet Project

Date: 20 Nov 2007
From: "Dora Johnson" <dJohnson at cal.org>
Subject:NFLC LangNet Project

The National Foreign Language Center at the University of Maryland is
working on a project called LangNet which provides adult language
learners with interactive online tools to reinforce their foreign
language skills. We focus on the less commonly taught languages. We are
currently looking for several individuals to work on the project.
Specifically, we need educated native speakers (or equivalent) to create
online activities in the languages listed below heir using the software
we provide.  In addition, we are looking for target language speakers to
find authentic target language reading and audio passages, to record
audio files, and to perform various editing tasks. The work is part-time
and most of the work can be done from one's home computer.  All
candidates living in the US must have permission to work in the US. It
is not necessary for those not in the US.  If you are interested in
working with us or if you know a qualified candidate who would be
interested in working with us please contact me via email at
jedwards at nflc.org.

Languages: Bambara, Burmese, Cebuano, Chavacano, Dari, Hausa, Igbo,
Iraqi Arabic, Moroccan Arabic, North Korean, Shona, Somali, Tausug,
Tigrinya, Turkish, Urdu and Wolof.

Jane Edwards
Program Coordinator
University of Maryland