Arabic-L:PEDA:For UK Arabic Teachers:Declamation Contest in Berkshire, England

Wed Nov 21 22:26:24 UTC 2007

1) Subject:For UK Arabic Teachers:Declamation Contest in Berkshire,
England

Date: 21 Nov 2007
From:Haroon Shirwani <arabictutor at hotmail.com>
Subject:For UK Arabic Teachers:Declamation Contest in Berkshire, England

A message for Arabic teachers in the UK:

At Eton College, we hold quite an enjoyable event called 'A Taste of
Texts'. It is a declamation contest, with students reciting simple
poetry. An Arab meal is served alongside, resulting in a thoroughly
stimulating experience. There is a panel of judges and prizes are
distributed at the end. We would like to make this an open event and
would be very pleased for students from other institutions (be they
schools, colleges, universities or language centres) to participate.
The proposed date is Sunday 23 February (about 2.00-4.00). Please let
me know (directly, via arabictutor at hotmail.com) if you are
interested. If the date does not suit you but you would, in
principle, like to attend, you should still let me know, so that I
have an idea about the level of interest. With best wishes and warm
salams. Haroon