Arabic-L:PEDA:Needs Gulf Arabic oriented Summer Study Abroad program

Mon Oct 15 22:20:38 UTC 2007

1) Subject:Needs Gulf Arabic oriented Summer Study Abroad program

Date: 15 Oct 2007
From:Martha Schulte-Nafeh <marthas at email.arizona.edu>
Subject:Needs Gulf Arabic oriented Summer Study Abroad program

'ahlaan ya zumalaa' wa zamiilaat,

I have had the following request from a student who has not studied MSA:

Do you know of any solid study abroad programs focusing on Gulf
Arabic for the summer? The reason for this is that after spending two
months
interning in Bahrain this past summer, a lot of my research ideas,
including
thesis topics, seem to be focused on the Persian Gulf and some form of
cross-cultural study (i.e. Persian, Arabic and English speakers). I
would like
to start building up language abilities in this dialect of Arabic
particularly
and wondered where I can go to do it.

Please respond to Eric McCoy directly at: emccoy or if you respond to
the list, I will forward your response to him.
--
Peace, Martha