Arabic-L:PEDA:Needs Levantine tutor in Boston area

Wed Oct 24 18:52:49 UTC 2007

1) Subject:Needs Levantine tutor in Boston area

Date: 24 Oct 2007
From:"Ketan Gajria" <ketangajria at gmail.com>
Subject:Needs Levantine tutor in Boston area

Hello,

My name is Ketan Gajria and I am a Senior at Tufts University in
Medford,
Massachusetts (the Boston area). I am interested in finding a private
tutor
for weekly lessons in Levantine colloquial
(Syrian/Jordanian/Lebanese/Palestinian). I am looking for a tutor who
would
be willing to do weekly conversations with me in one of the Levantine
colloquials for an hour per week. I do not need grammar instruction in
Fusha, I really just would like the chance to speak with a native and
improve my conversational skills.

As for my background, I have studied Fusha for 3 years at Tufts and
Fusha
and Levantine in Jordan for another 6 months. Over the summer I also
took
Lebanese lessons, so while I have some capabilities in Levantine I am
getting rusty because I don't get to use it enough in classes. I have
a car
and would be willing to travel within the Greater Boston Area for
lessons.

If you are a native tutor yourself or know of a way I could get in touch
with such a tutor, please contact me at ketangajria at gmail.com

Ketan Gajria
Tufts University
Class of 2008