Arabic-L:LING:compromise, privacy

Sat Sep 1 15:43:56 UTC 2007

1) Subject:compromise
2) Subject:Haqq
3) Subject: privacy

Date: 01 Sep 2007
From:"Mahmoud Elsayess" <melsayess at socal.rr.com>
Subject:compromise

Actually, the other party of the treaty refused to have Muhammad's
name preceded by "The Messenger of Allah".  Their argument was that
if they recognized him as a prophet then there will be no need for
the treaty. The Prophet compromised and ordered Ali to remove "The
Messenger of Allah". Once that clause was removed the treaty was
signed and peace flourished.