Arabic-L:GEN:Mandaean Conference at SOAS

Thu Sep 20 22:27:33 UTC 2007

1) Subject:Mandaean Conference at SOAS

Date: 20 Sep 2007
From:aram at aramsociety.org
Subject:Mandaean Conference at SOAS

September 2007

Dear Colleague,

ARAM Society for Syro-Mesopotamian Studies is organising its Twenty
Sixth International Conference on the theme of The Mandaeans, to held
at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of
London, 08-10 September 2008.
The conference aims to study Mandaeism and its relationship to Near
Eastern religions and gnostic movements, and it will start on Monday
08 September at 9am, finishing on Wednesday 10 September at 6pm. Each
speaker’s paper is limited to 30 minutes, with an additional 10
minutes for discussion.
If you wish to participate in the conference, please send your answer
to the above Aram email address of Aram before December 2007. If you
know of colleagues who might like to contribute to the conference,
please forward this message to them or send us their names and email
addresses. Yet, we would like to remind our colleagues that only
academics are allowed to present a paper at an ARAM conference.
	The conference will start on Monday 8 September at 9am, finishing on
Wednesday 10 September at 6pm. Each speaker’s paper is limited to 30
minutes, with an additional 10 minutes for discussion. All papers
given at the conference will be considered for publication in a
future edition of the ARAM Periodical, subject to editorial review.
If you wish to know more about our ARAM Society and its academic
activities, please open our website: www.aramsociety.org
If you have any questions or comments at any time, I am always happy
to receive them.
Yours sincerely,

Shafiq Abouzayd (Dr.)
Aram Society for Syro-Mesopotamian Society
The Oriental Institute
University of Oxford
Pusey Lane
Oxford OX1 2LE – UK