Arabic-L:ADS:Quran Book, Arab Academy special

Fri Sep 28 15:45:56 UTC 2007

1) Subject:Quran Book
2) Subject:Arab Academy special

Date: 28 Sep 2007
From:"Global Media Pblications" <gmpublication at gmail.com>
Subject:Quran Book

*Commentary on Holy Quran by Mawdudi, the father of Islamic
renascence and
founder of extremist Jamaat-i-Islami*

*Shop online at our secure online bookstore:
**www.gmpublications.com*<http://www.gmpublications.com/>
*. We have one of the largest collection of books on Education, Human
rights, Biographies, Christianity, Islam, Islamic Law, Law, South Asia,
Pakistan* *, terrorism and History etc.*

*Name of the book: Towards Understanding the Quran (7 vol. set) *

*By: Sayyid **Abul** **Ala** Mawdudi  *Trans./Ed. Zafar Ansari

*http://www.gmpublications.com/product_info.php?products_id=25402*

*About the Book:*
*Towards Understanding the Quran *is a fresh and highly readable English
rendering of Tafhim al-Quran, Jamaat-e-Islami founder and Islamic
ideologue
Sayyid Abul Ala Mawdudi's monumental Urdu translation and commentary. An
immense wealth of profound understanding of the Quran is accumulated
here,
so is a vast treasure of knowledge and deep insights, illuminating
historical accounts, and a highly systematic exposition of social,
political, economic and legal teachings. But what makes this Tafseer
unique
is that it translates the Quran into a book to be lived by, a mission
to be
lived for, and a duty that a reader can no longer evade or postpone.
This
Tafseer answers contemporary questions, and makes the Quran fully
relevant
to the concerns of our day. Each Surah is prefaced by an account of its
background and teachings. Maps and indexes add greatly to learning.

*About the author: *
Sayyid Abul Ala Mawdudi (1903-1979), one of the chief architects of the
contemporary Islamic resurgence, was the most outstanding Islamic
thinker
and writer of his time. He devoted his entire life to expounding the
meaning
and message of Islam and to organizing a collective movement to
establish
the Islamic order. In this struggle, he had to pass through all kinds of
suffering. Between 1948 and 1967, he was put behind bars on four
occasions,
spending a total of five years in different prisons in Pakistan. In
1953, he
was also sentenced to death by a Martial Law Court for writing a
"seditious"
pamphlet, this sentence being later commuted to life imprisonment. In
1941,
he founded Jamaat Islaami, of which he remained Amir until 1972 and
which is
one of the most prominent Islamic movements of our day. He authored more
than 100 works on Islam, both scholarly and popular, and his writings
have
been translated into forty languages. Mawdudi died in 1979 after a
lifetime
of serving Islam.

*Please contact*
*Global Media Publications *