Arabic-L:LING:arabic named entity recognition

Mon Apr 14 15:18:28 UTC 2008

1) Subject:arabic named entity recognition

Date: 14 Apr 2008
From:from CORPORA
Subject:arabic named entity recognition

[I thought some of you might find this exchange from CORPORA
interesting.  dil]

Dear all,

I wonder if there is an available named entity recognition system that
could be used for an arabic Question-Answering system?
Thanks in advance.

Wissal BRINI

Master student
MIRACL Laboratory
Sfax, TUNISIA

______

If you can afford a commercial system, check out software from Basis
Technology, http://basistech.com .

					Seth

________

or better yet Inxight's thingfinder: