Arabic-L:PEDA:Survey for recent Study Abroad Participants

Wed Apr 16 18:23:26 UTC 2008

1) Subject:Survey for recent Study Abroad Participants

Date: 16 Apr 2008
From:Aja Ishmael <aqi at georgetown.edu>
Subject:Survey for recent Study Abroad Participants

Greetings colleagues!

My name is Aja Ishmael, and I am a PhD student in the Department of
Arabic and Islamic Studies at Georgetown University and a first-time
poster to this list. I am currently working on a paper with two of my
colleagues that deals with Arabic second language acquisition in a
study abroad context, and it is this project that has brought me out
of lurk mode and encouraged me to post an e-mail asking for your help.

My colleagues and I are hoping to collect a variety of information
about Arabic study abroad experiences for our paper. To do so, we have
created an electronic survey, which can be found at the link listed
below. If you, or if any of your students or colleagues or anyone else
you know has studied Arabic abroad in the recent past-- i.e., finished
studying abroad in 2005 or later-- would you be so kind as to help us
out by completing the survey or passing it along? Participants do NOT
have to be university students-- any adult who has studied Arabic
abroad since 2005 can fill out the survey.

As I am sure you know, this is a relatively new area of research. We
are hoping to get a rather large response rate, covering student
experiences in as many different programs in as many different
countries as possible. We can only do this with your help-- so please
know that any assistance you are able to provide will be greatly
appreciated.

The link can be found here:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=hVWzZDtfAQhRFRpZwaujFQ_3d_3d

(If it doesn't work, please copy and paste it into your browser.)

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

Alf shukr!

Aja Q. Ishmael
Department of Arabic and Islamic Studies
Poulton Hall North, Second Floor
Georgetown University
1437 37th St., N.W.
Box 571046