Arabic-L:PEDA:New Book:Arabic for Dummies

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Fri Dec 12 19:18:51 UTC 2008

1) Subject:New Book:Arabic for Dummies

Date: 12 Dec 2008
From:info at keithmassey.com
Subject:New Book:Arabic for Dummies

Warmest Greetings!

I'm Keith Massey. I invite you to explore my new book, Intermediate
Arabic for Dummies. It's a workbook designed for anyone interested in
furthering their knowledge of the language into the intermediate level:

Intermediate Arabic For Dummies (For Dummies (Language & Literature))

I studied Arabic as a part of my doctorate in Semitic Studies at the
University of Wisconsin-Madison. After 9/11, I worked as an Arabic
linguist with the National Security Agency, serving there from June of
2002 until July of 2006, before moving back to teaching.

In the course of my time at the NSA, I had the opportunity to hone my
skills in both classroom and operational settings. This taught me much
about how non-native students of Arabic can best succeed in learning.
As a result, I was able to make Intermediate Arabic for Dummies a fun
and interactive experience which will prepare a student to surge past
the basic level.

Intermediate Arabic for Dummies is organized by grammatical topic and
includes both Arabic script and English transliteration throughout. It
is an ideal supplement to the other texts and resources the student is
using.

Feel free to forward this message to anyone you feel may be interested
in Intermediate Arabic for Dummies. For more information on my book or
to purchase it. please visit my website:

http://www.keithmassey.com

shukran jaziilan,

Keith Massey, PhD