Arabic-L:LING:Work on ya'ni

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Tue Dec 30 17:43:24 UTC 2008

1) Subject:Work on ya'ni
2) Subject:Work on ya'ni
3) Subject:Work on ya'ni
4) Subject:Work on ya'ni

Date: 30 Dec 2008
From:Tim Buckwalter <timbuckwalter at qamus.org>
Subject:Work on ya'ni

Jonathan Owens and Trent Rockwood have an article on ya'ni in the
latest Perspectives on Arabic Linguistics (vol. 21, 2007)
http://www.benjamins.nl/cgi-bin/t_bookview.cgi?bookid=CILT%20301

---Tim

Date: 30 Dec 2008
From:Marwa Hussein <marwahsn at hotmail.com>

Hello Rex,A former colleague of mine wrote her MA thesis on yaani as a
discourse marker in educated Egyptian Arabic, you can find the link at
the following address :http://lib.aucegypt.edu/search~S2?/ael+shimi
+amani/ael+shimi+amani/1%2C1%2C2%2CB/frameset&FF=ael+shimi+amani&1%2C
%2C2#it's a thesis which is also in microfiche, at the American
University in Cairo library (Author: Amani El Shimi) . I hope you
could find a way to access it.Good luck.Marwa HusseinIndiana
University Bloomington