Arabic-L:GEN:Arabic Script sites in Firefox on Mac query

Wed Feb 20 19:24:52 UTC 2008

1) Subject:Arabic Script sites in Firefox on Mac query

Date: 20 Feb 2008
From:moderator
Subject:Arabic Script sites in Firefox on Mac query

I have been asked to ask you all about something I was wondering about
myself.  Firefox has had a recent update on the Mac, and since that
time (I'm not sure exactly when), certain Arabic letters show up as
question marks.  This is true for hamzas and some commas.  The same
sites look fine on Safari, and even on Firefox, when you copy the text
into a program like textedit, for example, the letters show up
correctly, which indicates that the code is correct, it is just the
realization of the code.
Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?  Does anyone have a
fix?
Dil