Arabic-L:GEN:MTC Technologies jobs

Sat Feb 23 00:14:50 UTC 2008

1) Subject:MTC Technologies jobs

Date: 22 Feb 2008
From:"Wren, Elizabeth" <Elizabeth.Wren at mtctechnologies.com>
Subject:MTC Technologies jobs

[This is a slightly different version of the note that ran on Nov.
30th--dil]

Greetings,

I wanted to see if you could assist me and the company I work for, MTC
Technologies, Inc.  We are part of a new overseas initiative to provide
cultural liaison, social research, and community building in Southwest
Asia.  This is in conjunction and the cooperation of the US Armed forces
in the Mid East.

Working towards addressing shortcomings in cultural knowledge and
capabilities MTC, working with the Foreign Military Studies Office at
Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, is overseeing the creation and direction of
the Human Terrain System (HTS) Teams. So that U.S. forces can operate
more effectively in the human terrain in which local communities live
and function, HTS will provide deployed our Soldiers direct
social-science support in the form of ethnographic and social research,
cultural information research, and social data analysis that can be
employed as part of the our program to bring greater cultural
understanding, more intelligent decision making, and reduce the level of
insurgency and violence.

Here is a brief description of some of the individual positions:

The Social Scientists and Cultural Analysts are members of the Human
Terrain System (HTS) that will collect and analyze data to obtain
cultural and political awareness in order to sustain and foster
stabilization.  The HTS project is designed to improve the gathering,
interpretation, understanding, operational application and sharing of
local population knowledge at the BCT and RCT and Division levels.

*	The position requires an MA/PhD in Cultural
Anthropologist/Sociologist/Political Scientist/International Relations
or related fields from an accredited U.S., Canadian, British or
Australian University.
*	Competent in Geographic Information Systems software.

*	Local-language ability sufficient to perform field research.
*	US citizen and capable of acquiring a Secret clearance.

*	Direct experience studying and teaching about the region,
including in-region research.

Initially, these positions will undergo training and preparatory actions
at Fort Leavenworth, KS with a follow-on assignment to the area of
responsibility for a period up to one year.  While deployed, these
positions will be compensated at 72 hours per week and receive Hazardous
Duty and In-Country Differential Pays.

I understand if you are comfortable in your current roll and perhaps not
looking for a change.  However I would like to see if you could help me
by reaching out to your network of associates and academic contacts to
help us form teams to that might be interested in this opportunity.

Regards,
Liz Wren
Senior Recruiter
MTC Technologies, Inc.
Office    (801) 773-1047 x2307
Cell       (801) 388-7603
elizabeth.wren at mtctechnologies.com

We also invite you to our website at www.mtctechnologies.com/careers to
review and apply for the positions supporting the HTS program,
Requisition # mtc-00002493 - # mtc-00002498.  There you will be asked to
submit a resume and complete other pertinent data.  We appreciate your
interest in MTC Technologies.

MTC is an equal opportunity employer.