Arabic-L:GEN:connections to Syria

Mon Jan 28 15:58:04 UTC 2008

1) Subject:connections to Syria
2) Subject:connections to Syria

Date: 28 Jan 2008
From:"David Wilmsen" <david.wilmsen at gmail.com>
Subject:connections to Syria

RJ reservations can be made through the Alia office in New York.  The
website is slow and quirky, so it is better to make reservations by
phone.  I expect the same would be true on both counts for Egypt Air.
Alia has more or less normal seating configurations (i.e., somewhat
cramped but not dreadfully awful like US carriers - whose cabins also
harbour unpleasant smells - I used to work servicing US commercial
carriers when in grad school, so I know where those smells come
from!); Alia is famous for the quality of its meals (it wins awards
for it).  Egypt Air reserves its best aircraft for its cross-Atlantic
and European flights; they are newer and more spacious than Alia's.
Meals are ho-hum.

David Wilmsen