Arabic-L:PEDA:Washington Post Article on Al-Kitaab

Mon Jul 7 21:48:42 UTC 2008

1) Subject:Washington Post Article on Al-Kitaab
2) Subject:Washington Post Article on Al-Kitaab
3) Subject:Washington Post Article on Al-Kitaab

Date: 07 Jul 2008
From:Terrence M Potter <tmp28 at georgetown.edu>
Subject:Washington Post Article on Al-Kitaab

Colleagues

Please consider reading the article from the Washington Post print
editorial page A-15 from the July 5, 2008. Also on line at:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/04/AR2008070402093.html?hpid=opinionsbox1

Best regards,
Terry Potter
Date: 07 Jul 2008
From:"David Wilmsen" <david.wilmsen at gmail.com>

In case any of you do not read the WAPO, there is a thoroughly
tendentious
critique of Al Kitaab in the OpEd section of 5 July.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/04/AR2008070402093.html?nav=hcmodule

The Harvard Law student writing (if that is what his piece can be
called, it
is very disoriented) the piece is also  president of the Harvard Law
Alliance for Israel, but WAPO somehow overlooked mentioning that.

Find commentary on the superb blog Arab Media Shack run by a student of
Arabic and the Arab world.

http://arabicsource.wordpress.com/2008/07/05/teaching-arabic-propaganda-2/