Arabic-L:GEN:Arabic support on Mac

Thu Mar 20 20:20:04 UTC 2008

1) Subject:Arabic support on Mac

Date: 20 Mar 2008
From:wasamy at umich.edu
Subject:Arabic support on Mac

I'd hoped the latest release of MSOffice for Mac would work with
Arabic.  I went to an Apple store and found out that it still does
not. It is most annoying that neither Apple nor MS are stepping up to
make sure their work works.

For people doing Arabic on a Mac, it is possible to get a free
NeoOffice suite, which does work well with Arabic, and allows for
document exchange between MSOffice and NeoOffice.  The site is at: www.neooffice.org
.

Waheed Samy