Arabic-L:PEDA:Arabic tutoring message probably a scam

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Mon May 19 18:16:27 UTC 2008

1) Subject:Arabic tutoring message probably a scam

Date: 19 May 2008
From:moderator
Subject:Needs Travels with Shaykh Hamza Yusuf DVD

I have been informed that the request for Arabic tutoring message that
I just posted is probably a scam.  I should have been suspicious,
since it is unlikely someone with a UK address would send his teenaged
son to some other country for twice a week tutoring.  Please do not
respond to that message, and certainly do not provide them with any
personal information or account information. I will try to be more
diligent in the future.  I apologize.
Dil