Arabic-L:PEDA:New study abroad resources for students/teachers

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Tue Apr 21 03:51:14 UTC 2009

1) Subject:New study abroad resources for students/teachers

Date: 20 Apr 2009
From:belnap at byu.edu
Subject:New study abroad resources for students/teachers

Greetings all and thanks to those who responded to my recent query!

I just posted my "2009 Director's Report: On Achieving Professional-
Level Proficiency" to:

http://nmelrc.org/

This short piece provides an overview of the increased demand for
study abroad this year and some useful links for students, teachers,
advisers.... We're particularly concerned that students are not
prepared to make the most of their experience abroad. Please let them
know about these resources.

I'd also like to call attention to the fact that CARLA just released:
Maximizing Study Abroad: An Instructional Guide to Strategies for
Language and Culture Learning and Use. For this and other useful
resources, go to:

http://www.carla.umn.edu/maxsa/guides.html#professionals

Best wishes,

Kirk Belnap, Director
National Middle East Language Resource Center
3056 JFSB
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602
belnap at byu.edu