Arabic-L:GEN:Class Stratification

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Wed Apr 22 15:42:55 UTC 2009

1) Subject:Class Stratification

Date: 22 Apr 2009
From:Rania Habib <rhabib at syr.edu>
Subject:Class Stratification

Dear Brahim,

I did do some work on social class stratification in Syria. I did some
Statistical analysis against the public general opinion of the social
class of speakers. You can find that in Chapter 4 of my dissertation.
I am also planning on submitting this part as a separate article for
publication soon, but you can use my dissertation right now as a
reference. The reference is

Habib, Rania. (2008). New model for analyzing sociolinguistic
variation: The interaction of
social and linguistic constraints. Doctoral dissertation, University
of Florida.

Best,
Rania

Rania Habib, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Linguistics
Coordinator of Arabic Program
Dept. of Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics
Syracuse University
325 H. B. Crouse
Syracuse, NY 13244
Tel: 315-443-5490