Arabic-L:PEDA:Update on ACTFL Arabic SIG

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Wed Aug 26 23:14:06 UTC 2009

1) Subject:Update on ACTFL Arabic SIG

Date: 26 Aug 2009
From:ayari-s at tamu.edu
Subject:Update on ACTFL Arabic SIG

Dear colleagues,

Good news! We have now reached 50 members in the ACTFL Arabic SIG,
which was initiated last November (2008). This is quite a milestone,
and I want to thank those who joined the Arabic SIG and made a
difference in the growth of the group. If you haven't had a chance to
update your membership, I urge you to do so by following this link  http://www.actfl.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3495
  . Our goal is to reach 100 members by the ACTFL convention time
(Nov. 2009). I know we have enough Arabic educators on this list who
can make this goal reachable.

Those of you who would like to see bigger representation of Arabic at
the ACTFL Convention, you would be pleased to know that the Arabic SIG
is sponsoring two sessions (in addition to other Arabic sessions
selected by ACTFL). The two sessions sponsored by the Arabic SIG are:

*
Presenting the LCD Arabic Reading Tools, by Dr. Mohamed Maamouri
*
The Dearborn Arabic K-8 Content Curriculum Map and Thematic Units, by
Dr. Shereen Tabrizi

I hope to see you at the ACTFL convention

Salah Ayari,
Chair
ACTFL Arabic SIG

Texas A&M University