Arabic-L:LING:More words for 'corpus'

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Wed Aug 26 23:14:13 UTC 2009

1) Subject:More words for 'corpus'
2) Subject:More words for 'corpus'
3) Subject:More words for 'corpus'
4) Subject:More words for 'corpus'
5) Subject:More words for 'corpus'
6) Subject:More words for 'corpus'
7) Subject:More words for 'corpus'

Date: 26 Aug 2009
From:Alexis Neme <alexis.neme at gmail.com>
Subject:More words for 'corpus'

mutuun al-nusuus  (matn al-nass)

Cheers,
Alex

Date: 26 Aug 2009
From:Afra Al-Mussawir <afraalmussawir at yahoo.com>

Hmmm, I would have used the word diwan دوان but I suspect that's
not at all a linguistic term, and may not even be accurate as a common
term for 'corpus.' To me, a diwan is a collection, usually used to
refer to literary works but flexible enough to refer to a collection
of words/phrases/recordings for the purpose of language learning. Am I
totally off here? Is it only appropriately used to refer to written
works?

Afra Al-Mussawir