Arabic-L:LING:Arabic CompLing Lexicography Post Doc

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Wed Aug 26 23:14:04 UTC 2009

1) Subject:Arabic CompLing Lexicography Post Doc

Date: 26 Aug 2009
From:Martha Palmer [Martha.Palmer at colorado.edu] (from LINGUIST)
Subject:Arabic CompLing Lexicography Post Doc

University or Organization: University of Colorado
Department: Linguistics Department
Job Location: Colorado, USA
Web Address: http://www.colorado.edu/ling

Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Semantics;
Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Arabic Lexicography

Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)

We are looking for linguistics candidates who are native speakers of
Arabic. A background in semantics, syntax and computational
linguistics is
preferred. The candidate is expected to work with and analyze Arabic
predicates based on interaction between semantics and syntax. The task
is
to create Arabic PropBank Framesets working with Martha Palmer and her
students. Excellent command of modern Standard Arabic is a must,
considering that our corpus is taken from newswire. The candidate will
be
responsible for a team (roughly five) of annotators and taggers. The
position is available immediately and lasts until the end scholastic
year
(May 2009.)

Submit applications on-line at

https://www.jobsatcu.com/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp