Arabic-L:LING:Needs recent refs on Arabic Politeness system

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Fri Dec 4 18:25:03 UTC 2009

Arabic-L: Fri 04 Dec 2009
Moderator: Dilworth Parkinson <
dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu

[To post messages to the list, send them to
arabic-l at byu.edu
]

listserv at byu.edu
 with first line reading:

1) Subject:Needs recent refs on Arabic Politeness system

Date: 04 Dec 2009
From: Elena Canna <elenacanna at hotmail.com>
Subject:Needs recent refs on Arabic Politeness system

Dear colleagues,

I am working on the publication of my B.A. thesis, a contrastive analysis of the politeness systems of Arabic and Italian. I wrote this work in 2004 so I am sure thare are must be lots of new publications on this topic in addition to the ones I quoted. Apart from the work of D. Parkinson (prior to 2003) which I quoted and that talks about the politeness system in Cairo, I was wondering if you may know any other articles that talk about this topic so that I can list them in my bibliography.
Thanks a lot in advance,
Elena

Ph.D. student in Linguistics,
University of Siena, Italy