Arabic-L:GEN:Title VI confeence

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Thu Feb 12 23:38:35 UTC 2009

1) Subject:Title VI confeence

Date: 12 Feb 2009
From:calper at psu.edu
Subject:Title VI confeence

Dear Colleagues,

On March 19-21, 2009, the U.S. Department of Education will celebrate
the 50th Anniversary of Title VI <http://e2ma.net/go/1717856957/1563193/57492303/goto:http://titlevi50th.msu.edu
 > with a two-day conference held in Washington, DC. The conference
will highlight the significant impacts of Title VI programs in the
United States, demonstrate the pressing need for Title VI programs in
light of future and present needs, and address future directions of
Title VI programs. The keynote address will be given by The Honorable
Madeleine K. Albright.

The National Language Resource Centers (LRCs) Program is one of the
programs funded by Title VI.

Recently, the LRCs composed and compiled a substantial booklet that
describes some of our projects and initiatives and also provides a
short overview of each center. Visit CALPER's web site to take a look
at the Language Resource Center Booklet<http://e2ma.net/go/1717856957/1563193/57492306/goto:http://calper.la.psu.edu/nflrc.php

The Center for Language Acquisition<http://e2ma.net/go/1717856957/1563193/57492308/goto:http://language.la.psu.edu
 > at Penn State will hold its 3rd Summer Institute in Applied
Linguistics from June 22 - July 17, 2009. The faculty and staff at
CALPER, who co-sponsors the event, hope to be able to welcome many of
you to University Park.

As you probably noticed, we are using a new mailing system that will
make sending out our occasional NEWS UPDATE more efficient. To ensure
that you will receive future notes from CALPER, please add the service
to your address book or safe list. Our emails are optimized to be
viewed with Firefox and Internet Explorer. And feel free to share our
CALPER NEWS UPDATE with your colleagues -- it's easy - just click the
little envelope icon above this page.

Best regards - from the LRC in Pennsylvania

Gabriela Appel