Arabic-L:PEDA:Modern Language Center in Tunis programs

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Fri Jan 23 18:26:47 UTC 2009

1) Subject:Modern Language Center in Tunis programs

Date: 23 Jan 2009
From:contact at stc-tunisia.com
Subject:Modern Language Center in Tunis programs

Dear Sir,
       “Ahlan” from Tunisia. My name is Chokri Hamouda and I'm the
director and owner of The Modern Language Center, a private school
located
in Tunis. I am contacting you to inform you of our school's Arabic
language
study exchange programs commencing in the spring 2008-2009 term.
Our exchange program is intensive, with a four hour daily classroom
component. We are recruiting two types of students for the coming
semester:
1.Students who are newcomers to Arabic and are looking to study the
language from its fundamentals.
2.Students who have completed 16 or more credit hours of University
level
Arabic study with above a 3.0 average.

        I encourage you and your students to log on to our website,
www.stc-tunisia.com for more details on our program’s academic
components
and for a brief overview of life and culture in Tunisia (that we provide
ample opportunities to delve into!). I can hardly begin to express the
advantages of studying Arabic in one of the most liberal and dynamic
countries in the modern Arab world.
Our application deadline for spring semester study is December 20th
and our
deadline for summer study is March 20th. A complete application includes
our school's application form, a non official transcript, and two
letters
of recommendation.
Please feel welcome to contact me by phone or email with any questions
you
may have. I'm happy to put you in contact with our teachers (all
Tunisian
Fulbright scholars) should you have questions regarding curriculum
specifics.
Sincerely,
Chokri Hamouda