Arabic-L:PEDA:Wants listening/speaking tips

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Mon Jun 15 18:08:37 UTC 2009

1) Subject:Wants listening/speaking tips

Date: 15 Jun 2009
From:acmccollum101 at GMAIL.COM
Subject:Wants listening/speaking tips

Greetings to all,
I've recently completed a doctorate in Semitic languages, and most of
my Arabic training and additional work has been with texts rather
than listening and speaking.  I'd like to improve my listening and
speaking fluency and I'd be grateful for any suggestions.  My handle
on morphology and syntax is pretty solid.  I had my eye on some of
the summer Arabic programs abroad, but other responsibilities
precluded that possibility.
Many thanks in advance for any help.
Sincerely,
Adam McCollum