Arabic-L:PEDA:Part III of Al-Jaleys (Advanced) is posted

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Tue Mar 3 19:00:46 UTC 2009

1) Subject:Part III of Al-Jaleys (Advanced) is posted

Date: 03 Mar 2009
From:<mjiyad at judnea.umass.edu>
Subject:Part III of Al-Jaleys (Advanced) is posted

Dear Colleagues,
I am so pleased to inform you that Part III of al-Jaleys for Advanced
Level has
been posted on the World Web recently. Unlike Part I and Part II which
are based
on the conversational approach, Part III is narrative. Ten short
stories have
been selected and used to create the 10 units which compose the book.
These
stories are taken from various part of the Arab World and are written
by famous
Arab authors such as Mahfudh, al-Sa’dawi, al-Taiyb Saleh, etc.
I hope that you will find Part III useful for your advanced Arabic class
environments. The  web address is:
www.mtholyoke.edu/courses/mjiyad/textbooks

Mohammed Jiyad