Arabic-L:AD:New Arabic titles from Alucen Learning

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Fri Mar 6 22:58:16 UTC 2009

1) Subject:New Arabic titles from Alucen Learning

Date: 06 Mar 2009
From:scott.gravina at alucen.com
Subject:New Arabic titles from Alucen Learning

Alucen Learning (www.alucen.com) is proud to announce two new Arabic
titles to help instructors integrate language and culture in an
exciting new way. I hope that you will take a moment to review these
outstanding teaching and learning resources. Please let me know if you
have any questions or would like to receive an examination copy of
either book.

I hope that you will find these materials to be an excellent
complement to your existing program and a stimulating way to add
authentic materials in a cultural context.

Perspectives: Arabic Language and Culture in Film
by Zainab Alwani, Nasser M. Isleem and Mbarek Sryfi
Based on nine highly acclaimed feature films from Palestine, Egypt and
Morocco, Perspectives is designed for students of Arabic language and
culture at the intermediate to advanced level. It may be used as
either the primary text in a culture, conversation or film course or
an enriching supplement to any existing language program.

With Perspectives, students will benefit from the exposure to
authentic materials, develop linguistic skills in context, broaden
vocabulary (both MSA and colloquial) and enrich their cultural
understanding through these highly acclaimed films.

For more information about Perspectives and to see a sample chapter
online please visit http://www.alucen.com/perspectives/.

Popular Proverbs: An Entrance to Palestinian Culture
by Nasser M. Isleem
This monumental collection of over one thousand proverbs from
Palestine and across the Arabic-speaking world provides an informative
and entertaining treasure trove of knowledge for today's students or
anyone with interest in this remarkable culture.

Written specifically for language instructors and scholars, Popular
Proverbs not only offers students the opportunity to improve their
linguistic abilities but provides a deeper cultural understanding with
a unique perspective on the language, history, values and beliefs
shared among Arabs.

Available with interactive audio program.

For more information about Popular Proverbs please visit http://www.alucen.com/popularproverbs/
.

I hope you enjoy learning about these innovative new teaching
materials. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or if you
would like to order your examination copy today.

Kind Regards,
Scott Gravina

Executive Director
Alucen Learning