Arabic-L:LING:Mark Cowell info query

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Wed Mar 18 16:09:18 UTC 2009

1) Subject:Mark Cowell info query

Date: 18 Mar 2009
From:Donna Susser <danaduna at gmail.com>
Subject:Mark Cowell info query

Greetings.

My name is Donna Susser and I am currently studying for my BA at the
University of Haifa, Israel. I'm working on a paper regarding Syrian -
Israeli Arabic and I was wondering if any of you might be able to help
me: are you familiar with Mark W. Cowell who wrote the book A
Reference Grammar of Syrian Arabic? The book has been very useful to
me while writing this paper but the problem is I can't seem to find
any information regarding the author. Absolutely none. No information
is written in the foreword of the book either. The one thing I know
about Cowell is that he died young. Do you know anything else about
him? Anything at all? Or maybe your colleagues might know?

With much appreciation,
Donna