Arabic-L:LIT:Paradise Lost in Arabic responses

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Tue Mar 24 17:53:21 UTC 2009

1) Subject:Paradise Lost in Arabic response
2) Subject:Paradise Lost in Arabic response

Date: 24 Mar 2009
From:Brenda Bickett <bickettb at georgetown.edu>
Subject:Paradise Lost in Arabic response

Hi,
Paradise Lost, I found that there is a translation published in Cairo
(al-Hayah al-Misriyah al-Ammah lil-Kitab) and Baghdad, that started in
1982; not clear if it is complete yet.  If Chahine is at an acadmeic
institution in Canada, you should be able to borrow via InterLibrary
Loan from one of the 5 North American libraries listed; if you are not
with an academic institution, perhaps your local public library can
borrow on your behalf.  I found this holdings information in
FirstSearch (also known as WorldCat); the record numbers are:
53300922 & 12103007
hope this helps,
Brenda