Arabic-L:PEDA:Heritage learners

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Thu Nov 12 20:39:55 UTC 2009

Arabic-L: Thu 12 Nov 2009
Moderator: Dilworth Parkinson <
dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu

[To post messages to the list, send them to
arabic-l at byu.edu
]

listserv at byu.edu
  with first line reading:

1) Subject:Heritage learners

2) Subject:Heritage learners

Date: 12 Nov 2009
From:
Nehad Shawky <shawky at aucegypt.edu>

Subject:Heritage learners

    Arabic Heritage learners need focus in order to develop curriculum
that
pertains to them,  I have already given a paper about "Novice teaching
methodology for Arabic Heritage Learners"  (AHL)and I have drawn a line
between AFL learners and AHL . I have     not  learned of them  at K-12
level.      An Egyptian Colloquial Arabic textbook  called "Ana Min Il
Balad
Di" (2003) was written to target AHL, you may find on Arabic -List URL
website,  The book speaks of 3adat w taqaliid il Masreya.
I share the  interest in programs working on developing such classes.
Nehad Shawqi
Arabic instructor
Author of the textbook
"Ana Min Il Balad Di"